Enertis Applus+ is a global consulting and engineering firm, leader in the renewable energy and storage solutions sector. We are present in more than 65 countries and participate in different industry associations.
Our experience and know-how guarantees solutions adapted to our clients' challenges and problems. We pursue excellence by ensuring the quality and continuous improvement of our activities and processes, achieving the highest quality standards.
We are an agile and transparent company, which ensures neutrality and is firmly committed to customer advice.
Our Engineering area is formed by a consolidated team that works nationally and internationally in the basic and detailed design of renewable energy projects. Its mission is to ensure that these designs meet the highest quality standards to maximize the profitability of our client's projects.
We also have a specialized team that acts as Property Engineering and supervises the construction and commissioning phases of the projects, reporting the progress of work and ensuring the quality of the work in the different disciplines: civil, electrical and mechanical engineering.
We are currently looking for a Structural Engineer to join our Engineering team based in Mexico City, giving support to our US team.
The principal duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Under the supervision of senior personnel, perform conceptual and detailed structural design of solar PV projects (including rooftop, canopy and ground mounted), including, but not limited to, the following aspects:
- Site due diligence and development.
- Assist with efforts for project permitting at the local, state and federal level, as applicable.
- Geotechnical studies.
- Topographical surveys.
- Structural Analysis.
- Foundation Design.
- Construction Cost Estimating and Scheduling.
- Perform reviews and provide commentary for third-party structural designs and/or construction of solar PV energy projects.
- Support Project Managers in management of consulting, engineering and testing projects as assigned.
- Continuous evaluation of value engineering and process improvement for technical due diligence reports produced.
- Assist other team members in the crafting of energy production estimates.
- Manage internal/external deadlines and expectations as required.
- Ensure the highest level of quality assurance and quality control of own work.
- Other tasks as directed.
What do we need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Structural Engineering or its equivalent; Master’s degree is a plus.
5-7 years of overall structural engineering experience.
- Proficient in analyzing geotechnical reports, such as assessing soil-structure interaction, evaluating soil and atmospheric corrosion, determining bearing capacity, addressing swell/settlement issues, assessment of expansive soil behavior, calculation of earth pressures, mitigation of frost heave, slope stability.
- Familiarity with structural engineering specifications, design codes and standards.
- Familiarity with the calculation/validation of live loads, such as wind, seismic, and snow.
- Proficiency in CAD software, including AutoCAD, Civil 3D and GIS applications (such as QGIS).
Advanced English proficiency is a must (written/spoken).
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team, manage multiple concurrent projects, as well as external contractors.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as task prioritization.
What do we offer?
- Joining a consolidated team.
- Internal career plan.
- Constantly growing company.
- Possibility of hybrid or remote work.
- Flexible hours and work-life balance.