Enertis Applus+ is a global consulting and engineering firm, leader in the renewable energy and storage solutions sector. We are present in more than 65 countries and participate in different industry associations.
Our experience and know-how guarantees solutions adapted to our clients' challenges and problems. We pursue excellence by ensuring the quality and continuous improvement of our activities and processes, achieving the highest quality standards.
We are an agile and transparent company, which ensures neutrality and is firmly committed to customer advice.
Our Engineering area is formed by a consolidated team that works nationally and internationally in the basic and detailed design of renewable energy projects. Its mission is to ensure that these designs meet the highest quality standards to maximize the profitability of our client's projects.
We also have a specialized team that acts as Property Engineering and supervises the construction and commissioning phases of the projects, reporting the progress of work and ensuring the quality of the work in the different disciplines: civil, electrical and mechanical engineering.
We are currently looking for a Quality Site Manager for a 160MWdc solar photovoltaic project in Sugartown, Louisiana.
The principal duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Revise, comment, update and ensure implementation of the Quality Assurance Plan and related specific procedures, of the Main Contractor, subcontractors and sub-vendors.
- Revise, comment and update the Inspection & Test Plans, quality protocols, method of statements and inspection and test records of the Main Contractor, subcontractors and sub-vendors.
- Follow up construction activities ensuring Contractor´s and Subcontractor’s Quality Systems and Procedures meet Contract Requirements, and to follow performance by means of Quality Surveillance and audit.
- Request and review records from the Main Contractor of all equipment used on the Project are calibrated to the Applicable National Standard and that valid certification is available.
- Perform on-site inspections in the different activities, and review of associated documentation and records for all disciplines and areas of inspection.
- Carry out the inspections that have been assigned of the different activities at Site.
- Communicate to those responsible of quality for the Main Contractor, informing the problems related to Quality detected in the work.
- Open, Control and follow up Project Non-conformities / Corrective Actions and discrepancies to the Main Contractor (and its subcontractors).
- Suggest quality improvements to the Company and Main Contractor.
- Prepare weekly reports to Quality department in HQ as well as to the Site Manager and Project Manager regarding the quality of the works observed.
- Interface and collaboration with Third Party Inspection and Notified Body, if required.
- Monitoring of the traceability of the established materials, confirming their compliance with the technical specifications.
- Consolidate and organize all the quality information corresponding to the different activities performed by the Main Contractor.
- Maintain and update the Quality Document Folder and corresponding files of the Main Contractor, and Owner´s supplied equipment.
- Request and record of Inspections.
- Review the Final As-Built Dossiers based on documentation required in the Contract Scope of Work.
- Control of engineering drawings for construction and other construction documents, ensuring correct compliance during the execution of the works.
- Ensure that the Main Contractor and subcontractor´s comply as minimum with the Owner Requirements.
- Review the quality documentation required for the application for payments issued monthly by the Main Contractor.
What do we need?
- Associate degree in Engineering Technology, Construction Management or a related field
- Or High School Graduate or equivalent, plus 1-3 years’ experience in solar-related construction field
- Inspection-related certifications are recommended.
- Knowledge of US codes, normative (civil, electrical, mechanical, etc.)